We have launched a competition to design a tote bag inspired by our new tagline BOOKS THAT MAKE YOU. The winning designer will see their work featured on the bag along with a cash prize of £500. There may also be the opportunity for further work with the HarperCollins design studio.
Suzie Dooré, Borough’s publishing director, has devised the new tagline to reflect the ethos of our list: ‘Borough is the home of books that make you think, wonder, laugh and weep, from bestselling brand authors to the most exciting debuts – and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with to reflect that’
Designers are asked to come up with creative to combine both the concept of BOOKS THAT MAKE YOU along with the spirit of the list: energetic, modern and passionate – proud of a rich and varied past, and enthusiastic about a thriving present and future. Borough Press publishes fiction which couples passionate, intelligent writing with energetic, page-turning plots and are looking for a design to encapsulate this, although the imprint is also open to interpretations of this brief.
In addition to the competition, we will be running a weekly #BooksThatMakeYou hashtag game for Twitter with a different theme each week. The game will be kicked off by 12noon on 9th December…
To enter the competition, please send your design as a jpeg to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for entries is 2nd January 2017 and the winner will be announced on 9th January. The entries will be judged by creative director Claire Ward, publishing director Suzie Dooré and marketing executive Katie Moss. For full terms and conditions and entry guidelines please visit boroughpress.co.uk
Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (“HarperCollins”), The News Building, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF.
- This promotion is open to all UK residents except employees of HarperCollins (or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
- To enter, users must email a jpeg of their design to email@example.com.
- Closing date for entries is midnight on 2nd January 2017. No entries received after this date will be accepted. No purchase necessary. Only one entry allowed per designer.
- The prize is to have your design feature on the imprint’s new bag, and £500 cash.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
- No prize alternatives are available.
- HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner of the competition will be selected by creative director Claire Ward, publishing director Suzie Dooré and marketing executive Katie Moss, and notified on or before 9th January 2017.
- Designers reserve the copyright to their entries but by entering the competition give us permission to use the designs on social media.
- The winning design will be printed on the Borough Press tote bag in January 2017. You agree that by entering this contest if you win you will assign the copyright in your design to HarperCollins for its own use including, but not limited to, advertising The Borough Press.
- Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
- HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
- To obtain the name of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to Fiction Marketing, The News Building, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF
- The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, you are agreeing that if you win your name and image may be used for the purpose of announcing the winner in any related publicity with HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
- Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
- HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
- Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.