Set in a Kent village in 1940, The Chilbury Ladies’ Choir is a joyful and inspirational tale of a village choir pulling together in times of crisis and great change. Singing is at the heart of the novel – and we need your choir to help us bring the audiobook to life!
We’re looking for an all-female choir to record four short pieces of music representing pivotal moments in the book. The successful choir will win an all-expenses paid trip to London, including travel, lunch on arrival, a professional studio recording, and celebratory cocktails afterward, plus physical and audio copies of The Chilbury Ladies’ Choir. The choir will also be credited on the audiobook.
If you would like your choir to appear on the audiobook for The Chilbury Ladies’ Choir, the debut novel by Jennifer Ryan, record a snippet of your singing on your phone and send it in to us!
Just email a 40 second recording of your choir singing any song with harmonies to email@example.com by 27th November. Entrants are also asked to provide a 100 word statement telling us what their choir means to them, and to include the number of singers in the group.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (“HarperCollins”), The News Building, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF.
2. This promotion is open to all UK residents except employees of HarperCollins (or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
3. To enter, users must email a recording of their choir singing along with the name of their choir. The recording can be of any song, but must be a minimum of 40 seconds long and include a harmony. Choirs must be made up of all female singers (to match the script of the book).
4. Closing date for entries is midnight on 27th November, 2016 . No entries received after this date will be accepted. No purchase necessary. Only one entry allowed per choir.
5. The prize is to have your choir professionally recorded in a London studio. Your choir will also be treated to lunch and a cocktail, and will receive a digital copy of the recording. Each member of the choir will also receive a hardback copy of The Chilbury Ladies’ Choir by Jennifer Ryan. Maximum number of choir members is 20.
6. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
7. No cash or prize alternatives are available.
8. HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
9. The winner of the competition will be selected by audiobooks editor, Fionnuala Barrett, based on quality and notified by e-mail no later than the 1st December 2016.
10. Choirs reserve the copyright to their entries and by entering you confirm that you own the copyright in the recording you are sending and that you have the consent of your choir to enter this competition. .
11. The recording will take place in London on 14th January, 2017 and winners must be available to take the prize on this date. You agree that by entering this contest if you win your choir will assign the copyright in your performance and any recording made to HarperCollins for its own use including, but not limited to, advertising The Chilbury Ladies’ Choir by Jennifer Ryan.
12. Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
13. HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
14. To obtain the name of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to Fiction Marketing, The News Building, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF
15. The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
16. By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
17. By entering this competition, you are agreeing that if you win your name and image may be used for the purpose of announcing the winner in any related publicity with HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
19. Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
20. HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
21. Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.